We all love to travel, to new places, new cities in cars, buses, caravans, by air, by the sea but I have travelled everyday since I was ten through books. I have let the ocean kiss my feet on the Coast of Ipanema and nosed around in Calgary and my travel expenses have never been more than the price of a McDonald Cheese Burger. Here's my travelogue where books can be found through the countries they have taken me to. The reviews are not professional and definitely not worth putting into a book review assignment for school! They are just a string of words that tell you what I felt when I travelled to a certain place. If it suits you, you go and book yourself a trip. If not, well...we'll keep it there!

Thursday, March 6, 2014


David CopperfieldDavid Copperfield by Charles Dickens
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

'I went away, dear Agnes, loving you; I stayed away, loving you; I came back loving you...'

I was twelve, just twelve when I read this mammoth book written by Charles Dickens and these lines have haunted me ever since! For most twelve-year-olds, 'David Copperfield' is the most unlikely childhood romance. However, if Harry Potter is my pen-and-ink sibling, who taught me to imagine, David is that part of my soul who taught me to appreciate even the smallest details in humans and human-surroundings and accept things as they are. He taught me that it's never too late to mend, never too early to start and never too embarrassing to admit it to someone that you love them.

David taught me that by immortalizing my thoughts with pen and ink, I can someday create a story, by loving unconditionally, someday, my love will be reciprocated! This book isn't 'just-another-sappy-story-by-Dickens' for me! It has a personal and spiritual significance for me. Its characters are memorable and special to me and its plot is etched into my mind for good!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment